SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM TO PURCHASE A TICKET|
- Tickets are available for single followers, single leaders and couples (i.e. with a booking partner in the same track). Solo Jazz tickets are all single person and usual dance role doesn't matter.
- We aren't operating any waiting lists at all this year (see the website for the rationale).
Your ticket covers all 4 days (it isn't possible to buy a ticket for single days) and event times are:
Friday 30th March 6.30pm-12 midnight
Saturday 31st March 10.15am-2am (Sunday morning)
Sunday 1st April 10.15am-4am (Sunday morning)
Monday 2nd April 10.15am-8.30pm
More detailed schedule information is available on the website and will also be sent to you in advance of the event.
Fixed Lindy streams, so you get 9 taught hours with your teachers over 3 days Sat/Sun/Mon. Please read the track descriptions on the website carefully:
Rob & Tina - Beginners
Cat & Cam - Lindy Hop Fundamentals
Scott & Trisha - Lindy Hop Repetoire
Ben & Michaela - Savoy Intensive Stream
Ryan & Lana - Fast Lindy
Sharon Davies - Solo
(more detail on classes in post below)
After the dance workshops you'll get 4-5 hrs Circus taster classes with high level circus performers. You don't need to choose them yet, we'll send you a questionnaire to fill in a few weeks before the festival. You'll choose 5: we expect to meet all first and second choices; we'll meet as many of your other choices as possible or offer you the closest alternative we can.
There will also be stretch and warm-up / cool-down classes at the start and end of each day.
25th January 17.00: 1st release, approx 80% of tickets on sale
20th February 09.00: Deadline for any refund requests
20th February 17.00: 2nd release, balance of tickets on sale (will include any cancellations)
- No refunds at all after 20th February, but you may sell your ticket to someone in the same role and notify us of the name change by 28th March.
- Tickets are for the named person only and can't be split between people.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A blend of Lindy Hop and Circus skills from a team of 50+ teachers. After the main Lindy workshops, the taster classes are in circus skills from stilts to aerial trapeze, juggling to clowning.
- You learn alongside your teachers. The initial concept was of an exchange of skills, and we ask all out teachers to join in as students, so your Lindy teachers will learn Circus with you, and your Circus teachers will learn Lindy with you.
- It's still intimate and personal. There's a marked rise in the super-festivals of 500-1000+ participants, but for us these can start to be a little impersonal and it's easy to feel a bit lost. We keep to a few hundred so you can still (just!) get to mix with everyone.
- The stunning cabarets are a blend of Circus and Lindy Hop, a concept we took to the Edinburgh Festival in 2015 for a successful run of 35 shows!
- It takes place in Bristol, one of the friendliest, and most welcoming dance scenes around. Just ask anyone who has visited, and visited, and visited....
HOSTING, ACCOMODATION & TRAVEL SHARES
We aren't able to arrange any hosting etc for you but we'll create a separate Facebook event for offers/requests re hosting, accommodation shares, travel shares. We're not able to recommend people but you're welcome to check with us if someone offering/asking is a genuine festival attendee with a ticket. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
SELLING YOUR TICKET
We hope we'll be seeing you at the festival but in the unhappy situation that you're no longer able to attend, you can sell your ticket to someone in the same role/track and just tell us the name change by 28th March. (You're welcome to check with us that someone selling is a genuine ticket holder.) Don't forget, you can get a full refund if requested by 20th Feb at 9am. In either case please email:
KEEPING UP TO DATE
Please join the Facebook event if you use Facebook. Also / instead keep an eye out for emails from us and updates on the website.
The Trinity Centre (View)
Bristol BS2 0NW
|Minimum Age: 18|